Sally (unedited)
I'm sally doll
stitched up by a single strand of thread
unravel my wrist
and bring me home to bed
i'm letting my insides show
such a girly show
glow in the dark turns me
right side out
i'm a doll
you're my night light glowing beside me
Sally doll
with a big stitch on her chest
tears me apart
where I used to hang my heart
UPSIDE DOWN
until all of my luck ran out
i'm stuffing more than I can stitch inside me
pick me up in one piece
you're bright enough to see
i've fallen for you
i'm sitting still now
propped up on your bed
looking at all these books you haven't read
there's no need for conversation
you see i've got marbles for my head
and I guess I should remind you
it doesn't need to mean anything to you
this position you've got me in
cause sally doll
is already dead.
- 11.16.96
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment